Friday, April 12, 2013

Older/Younger

This poem is a contrapuntal, so you can read the first stanza then the second stanza (which makes it a palindrome as well) or you can read straight across the lines from top to bottom. Another experiment...enjoy.
 
Older/Younger

I could not see,                                                     All the other shit
Even though you said it was                                 I could not believe
In plain sight                                                         The bible, the poison ivy itching on my leg
Sitting in the backseat, with the moon                 Science was
not giving me enough.When we were young       Not a state of mind, but the creator of the world.
Looking through binoculars, imagination was.     Looking through binoculars, Imagination was
Not a state of mind but the creator of the world.   Not giving me enough, when we were young.
Science was                                                          Sitting in the backseat. The moon,
The bible, the poison ivy itching on my leg            In plain sight
I could not believe                                                  Even though you said it was
All the other shit                                                      I could not see

                                   
                                         The things that scared me most.

No comments:

Post a Comment