Wednesday, February 20, 2013

high school


In 2008 I would be sitting around a computer
With J and Brett
Just like I was every weekend
of my sophomore year
When I was losing all my friends
Because Paul smoked a lot of pot
And Matt found God after his second concussion
So we couldn’t say goddamnit around him
Or steal beer out of his parent’s fridge
And I heard Adam’s Song for the first time that year
And It was the first song that made me cry

In 2011 I would be sitting shotgun in a jeep
With J and Brett
Sitting without their seatbelts in the backseat
It was senior year
And we had made some new friends
It was Chris was driving the car
And Jon Deej and Dan were right behind us
And we could say goddamnit around them
And  get drunk in DJ’s basement
And we listened to Adam’s song on our way downtown
And it took everything I had not to cry

No comments:

Post a Comment